Here is a list of Mnuchin’s comments on GSE on Youtube, very interesting to follow with his takes,
- Gasparino: Shares of Fannie, Freddie drop on Mnuchin’s comments
- Sen. Mark Warner Questions Steven Mnuchin on Debt Ceiling, Fannie/Freddie
- Secretary Steven Mnuchin: We Need To Fix Fannie And Freddie | CNBC
- What would privatizing Fannie and Freddie mean for you?
- Should Fannie and Freddie go private?
- Steven Mnuchin: Not responsible to leave Fannie, Freddie as is
- Time to privatize Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac?
- Bill Ackman Bullish On Freddie Mac/ Fannie Mae & Allergan
- Warren Buffett on Fannie /Freddie Plan – Todd Sullivan, Published on Sep 8, 2008
- Buffett on Fannie / Freddie and Oil
- Why Bruce Berkowitz Still Likes Stocks Others Hate
- Tim Howard’s take on Mnuchin’s possible plan – jtimothyhoward
JANUARY 6, 2018 AT 2:45 PM
I agree with you. My “most likely scenario” since the surprise appellate decision in Perry Capital last February has been that Mnuchin would wait to see what Congress can come up with–since it and others have been so insistent that there be legislative reform–then, when that proves to be infeasible or unworkable for the reasons we’ve identified (and others), Mnuchin can step in with an administrative proposal that IS feasible and workable, and also nets Treasury upwards of $100 billion from conversion of its Fannie and Freddie warrants. The reason I’m not ruling out a legislative solution entirely is that I’m reluctant to call something DOA until I actually see the body.